by Asena Hristova
Nowadays, it’s rare you’ll find a person that is not on social media. People share on social, educate themselves, communicate through social, and even make purchases. It’s only logical that if most of your prospects are there, you’re there as well.
There’s a new sales model called Social Selling which will help you educate your prospects, engage with them, and build lasting relationships.
What is social selling?
It is a lead-generation technique with which you, as a brand, connect with your prospects through social media. With it, the sales team directly interacts with prospects on social media. Why? Here are some reasons:
- Communicate with the right people at the right time
- Engage with insights
- Build a reputation
- Establish credibility
- Build trusting relationships
The aim is to provide value by answering different questions, following up on conversations, sharing thoughtful content, knowledge, and insights.
This way you’ll establish yourself as a thought leader and stay top of mind when your prospects are ready to make a purchase.
What social selling is not?
Just to be clear, it is not constantly spamming with content and offers that are not relevant. Don’t expect to deliver the hard sell or rapidly close deals on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Moreover, don’t think of it as a replacement for talking to your prospects. Just the opposite, on social media you can communicate and create connections more easily than ever.
To optimize your sales strategy, use social media to outline how your products or services solve a problem that your potential clients might have
It is said that social selling could eliminate the need for cold calls. Think of it as a new sales technique with which you can upgrade your selling tools.
Why should you know about it?
Social selling is the new black and it has been proven to increase company revenue and help reach sales goals. But to understand why it works, let’s look at the data:
- According to LinkedIn, you could get 45% more sales opportunities and you are 51% more likely to hit quota.
- Forbes stated that 78% of salespeople using social media outsell their peers.
- SlideShare shared that 64% of teams that use social selling hit quota compared to 49% that don’t.
- Another SlideShare study shows that 90% of decision-makers never answer a cold call, but 75% of B2B buyers use social media to make purchasing decisions.
- In addition, eMarketer states that 33% of B2B professionals have increased their number of leads thanks to using social media selling tools.
- According to Sales for Life, companies with consistent social selling processes are 40% more likely to hit revenue goals than non-social sellers.
Everyone is on social media, and if you’re not there as well, you’re most probably missing out on opportunities. Whether you want to build your following, deliver value, or engage with prospects, social selling is a powerful tool to have in your sales arsenal.
It’s a never-ending experiment which has been proven to help you reach your sales goals.
However, the aim is to be helpful – build a social media relationship and you’re guaranteed to stay top of mind when your prospects are ready to make a decision.
Are you interested yet? Book your free consultation now!